THERE’S A NEW BRANCH ON THE FAMILY TREE
Clarins, the European leader in premium skincare, proudly announces the birth of the first Clarins orchid, the Renanthera Clarins Christian & Olivier. The new family member, a fiery crimson orchid, made its official debut at the Clarins’ Orchid Presentation, in Singapore Botanic Gardens’ Burkill Hall.
The Clarins Orchid is a new hybrid that has been crossed from an award-winning Renanthera hybrid bred in the US and another outstanding Renanthera hybrid from Malaysia. This spectacular cross bloom was specially bred by Singapore Botanic Gardens as a tribute to Clarins, for its continual efforts to support and raise awareness of sustainable development and biodiversity.
These efforts have resulted in projects with the Singapore Botanic Gardens’ like the bi-ennial Singapore Garden Festival (SGF) since its inauguration in 2006. At the SGF 2008, Clarins created two gardens: A Garden of Love, where visitors could learn about plants like ginger and mint, which are found in the brand’s beauty products and a Learning Garden to teach children through play about environmental conservation.
The orchid honour to Clarins is especially significant too because it is the first time that a premium skincare brand has been gifted with its own orchid by the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
It is with great pride and a deep honour for Clarins to be gifted with an orchid that was specially created for us. For it to come from a professional body like Singapore Botanic Gardens, that works to promote greenery and plant species — the brand and myself, find this tribute more meaningful.
It is not simply a flower but it validates the efforts that Clarins has dedicated to sustainable development, all these years.
Mr Christian Courtin-Clarins
Chairman of the Clarins Group
SOWING THE SEEDS OF LOVE
Orchidaceae (aka the Orchid family) is one of the largest group of flowering plants. It is estimated that there are about 35,000 orchid species on the planet, and that’s not counting the undiscovered ones yet. The elegant botanical is also one of the oldest flowering plants around: its existence dates as far back as 120 million years ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.
Though the elegant flower may look fragile, its resilience is remarkable. It’s defied evolution time and time again, flourished and thrived in nearly every continent, adapting to live in various environments, from mountains to bogs, in grasslands and rain forests.
The exotic bloom, for centuries, has been a symbol of love, luxury and beauty. The early Greeks saw it to represent virility; while in the Middle Ages, the plant was considered an aphrodisiac and used in love potions.
It is all very befitting then, that a new orchid hybrid has been specially bred by Singapore Botanic Gardens and gifted to Clarins, in recognition of the latter’s aim to bring Man and Nature closer. No mere flower, the Clarins Orchid is symbolic of the brand’s love and respect of the world.
THE RENANTHERA CLARINS CHRISTIAN AND OLIVIER ORCHID LUCKY DRAW
To celebrate Clarins’ Orchid Bloom and stand a chance to win a limited edition brooch.
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible for this lucky draw, participants must buy any Clarins product from any Clarins authorised counter between 22 May and 21 June 2012.
- This contest is open to all Singapore Residents and Permanent Residents only.
- The last day to qualify for this lucky draw is 21 June 2012.
- 5 lucky winners will be awarded the Renanthera Clarins Christian and Olivier brooch.
- All winners will be notified by SMS on 25 June 2012.
- Each participant is entitled to win one (1) prize throughout the campaign.
- Prizes must be collected at the Clarins counter at Takashimaya Beauty Hall Level 1.
- Winner’s NRIC and winner’s SMS must be presented for verification upon collection of prizes.
- Prize collection period is strictly from 25 June to 15 July 2012 only.
- Clarins PTE LTD reserves the right to award the prize to another participant if it is not claimed by 15 July 2012.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other items.
- This promotion is not valid with other promotions, and Clarins reserves the right to replace the gift with another of similar value.
- All decisions made by Clarins PTE LTD regarding the contest shall be final and binding.
Thank you for reading and good luck.