Hello everyone, I have a piece of very exciting news for you today – it’s about Femme Boulevard.
What’s Femme Boulevard about? It’s a collaboration between me and two other fellow bloggers, Lily and Teri (thank you for inviting). Lily is a working mother of two who blogs for passion and Teri’s blog Bellachique is all about her latest findings in the beauty world.
We aim to roll out monthly installments of themed looks just like this - Nude For New Beginnings. Because we have different facial features, makeup techniques, range of products and interpretation of the theme – not only can this help viewers have a broader idea of how a specific look can be executed, this is also a challenge for us, well, for me at least. And this month’s theme is one real example.
Nude For New Beginnings features a “no makeup, makeup” look – which I have never tried before. Here’s my first attempt, not the most ideal but it’s the best I could do without looking too plain. Hope you like it.
More face products have been used in this look to create a natural yet flawless appearance – I started smoothing out my skin’s surface with a pore perfecting base, followed by a brightening base – my skin needed a little radiant as it’s looking rather dull lately.
- Depending on your skin’s concern, you may need to use a different primer – I am using a pore perfecting base around my nose and cheek areas to smooth out the appearance of large pores.
- My skin has been looking dull and I need a brightening base, I opted for Ettusais BB Mineral White which I am loving at the moment – it brightens and evens out my skin tone.
- Before setting my base with powder, I used a hydrating concealer to conceal any unsightly pimple scars and spots.
- I also used the YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch under my eyes, bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow and chin to highlight features.
- Set with loose powder.
I kept my eyes as bare as possible but I must admit, I couldn’t do without false eyelashes. For that, I have chosen a pair of natural looking false eyelashes – you can even go for the individual ones to achieve a even more natural look. For days when I have hardly any makeup on, I think contact lenses play an important part too – I always use Johnson & Johnson 1•Day ACUVUE® DEFINE™ in either Natural Shine or Accent Style. These contact lenses are natural looking but make my eyes look brighter and more awake.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- I also filled up the gaps in between my own lashes with the black eyeliner – this will an “invisible” eyeliner and make my eyes look sharper.
- Use a light brown eyeliner to create a soft line along the outer 2/3 of lower lash line – I feel that this trick adds depth to the eyes, making them look bigger too.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
Barely anything at all on the cheeks.
- Before setting my base with loose powder, I blended a tiny amount of pink cream blush onto the apples of my cheeks – cream products tend to blend more seamlessly thus more natural looking.
- I also used a tiny amount of cream bronzer to contour my cheeks.
- Blend blush, bronzer and base together to create a seamless look.
- After setting my face with loose powder, I finished by adding a touch of pink powder blush onto the apples of my cheeks and blend outwards – towards the ears.
Barely anything too but I had to add a touch of colour and moisture to my dry lips.
- Prior to applying my primer and base, I have applied a generous layer of Ettusais Lip Essence - this will help hydrate and smooth out my lips by the time I am done with the face, eyes and cheeks.
- I lightly outlined my lips with a “my lip but better colour” – for that, I have chosen NARS Dolce Vita Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.
- I applied a thin layer of Dior Addict Lip Glow all over my lips for a healthy pink tint.
Thank you for looking.
Lisa Eldridge and Pixiwoo have videos on “no makeup, makeup” look – check them out if you are interested. Let me know what you think of this look and if you have any suggestions on what looks we should do in the future, please comment below.
Ettusais Zero Pore Coat
Ettusais BB Mineral White
Ettusais BB Mineral Powder
Diorskin NUDE Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch
Chanel Perfect Brows
Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concealer
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 24L
Chanel Inimitable Extrême Mascara in 10
MAC Cream Colour Base in Tickle Me Pink
NARS Multiple in Copacabana
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Ettusais Lip Essence
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita
Dior Addict Lip Glow