Have been a long time since I last did a bold look – well, sort of bold. And after a series of neutrals and wearable looks, I think it’s time to play with some colours.
This look is loosely inspired by the Estée Lauder Violet Underground advert – of course, I don’t look anything like the model so I am reinterpreting it to suit myself. Check out Pixiwoo’s version here and NikkieTutorial’s version here for a closer recreation of the actual advert.
I think this look is still quite wearable for dinners and parties but to make it even more wearable, you may want to extract elements like the eyes or the lips instead of wearing them together. I think a pair of nude pink lips will look very pretty too. I had a lot of fun creating this look, hope you like it.
This look comes with super flawless skin so a nice and full coverage base is required. This is my first try using the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, I like it because it covers virtually any flaws with a matte finish but I find it a little thick to work with – I need to find a way to sheer it down just a bit.
I wouldn’t say it’s simple but it’s not difficult either. All you need is patient and lots of blending for this one. Featuring only four shades from the Estée Lauder Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow Palette in Violet Underground – I skipped using the pink.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner – fill in all the gaps in between your own lashes.
- Apply violet all over lid – stop below the crease.
- Blend brown over violet along the crease to deepen and soften edges.
- Apply beige under brows as a highlight.
- Apply black along the upper lash line and lightly over outer corners to create more depth.
- Run black eyeliner along 1/3 of lower lash line and use violet to soften line along 2/3 the way – smooth brown over violet for a gradation effect.
- Apply beige to the inner 1/3 of lower lash, inner corners of the eyes.
- Gently pat beige over inner 1/3 of the eye lids for a three-dimension, metallic wash.
- Apply lots of mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
The model has really gorgeous high cheek bones and in her look, she had very sculpted cheeks with blusher applied relatively high. To recreate that, I have applied a heavier dose of bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks. I went for a blush that has a similar undertone to the lipstick and applied onto the high points of my cheeks. Blend to soften all edges and you are done.
I went for a deep, berry hue for this look and added a little gloss over the center of my lips.
Thank you for looking.
BECCA Resurfacing Primer – Line & Pore Minimising
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
Estée Lauder AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder
Chanel Perfect Brows
Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concealer
Estée Lauder Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow Palette In Violet Underground
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Chanel Inimitable Extrême Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black
Princess Lee False Eyelashes in 720黑
Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer in 03 Amber Bronze Medium
Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in RD 401
Ettusais Lip Essence
Estée Lauder Pure Color Velvet Lipstick in Black Cassis
Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Chaotic Currant
Estée Lauder Bête Noire