Two more days to a brand new year, this is a very exciting month for Femme Boulevard as we will be Ushering 2013 With Style together with a collection of guest bloggers.
This month’s theme features metallic/shiny lids with dark/vamp lips. This combination can be as wearable or as loud – and I can’t wait to see what all the others have done. Below is the list of those participating in this month’s look.
Special thanks to Lily for coordinating and thanks to all who joined in the fun.
- A Little Bit Of Everything
- Beaute Fabuleuse
- Bronzer Bunny
- Eye Heart It
- Messy Wands
- Mostly Sunny
- Musing On Beauty
For this look, I went for the more wearable version – I added some clear gloss over the lids specially for this look, I won’t do that if I were to go out. I had a lot of fun creating it and hope you will like it.
Nautral looking skin with lots of radiance and shine. I went for one of my favourite base combinations using all RMK products – I like how it perks up my dull, tired skin.
Simple and metallic with a layer of clear gloss added for some extra drama. Note that the clear gloss causes the eyeshadow to crease so I won’t advice doing so if you were to wear this look out. When I think of metallic lids, I think of Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill - my only problem was, which shades to use.
- Apply #19 Gold/Silver under browns and all over lids as a shimmery base.
- Apply #4 Pulp Fiction over entire lids, under the crease and blend. You can shape it according to your personal preference, I have winged out slightly.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
- Apply at least 2 coats of mascara to bottom lash.
- Gently pat a thin layer of clear gloss over lids – remember, this is only for fun.
I wanted defined cheeks for this look and a blush that matches my lip colour. And so, I went for my trusty purple toned blush – Illamasqua Powder Blush in Sin.
- Use Chanel Ombre Contraste in Notorious for contouring. Full review and tutorial can be found here.
- Apply blush along cheek bones.
- Apply highlighter over blush for extra drama and glow.
Pardon my dry lips – I have been eating too much roast turkey and chips. I wanted a somewhat vamp lip but nothing over the top.
- I went for Lancôme Rouge In Love in 391 Fiery Attitude – apply all over lips and blot to remove access.
- To add a vamp vibe, I used MAC Lip Pencil in Nightmoth to trace around my inner lips, I love the effect especially when I close my lips.
Thank you for looking.
RMK Creamy Polished Base in 00
RMK Liquid Foundation
RMK Pressed Powder N (P) in 02
Chanel Perfect Brows
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in #4 Pulp Fiction
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in #19 Gold/Silver
YSL Eye Pencil Waterproof in 1
Benefit They’re Real! Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black
Ardell False Eyelashes in 120 Demi Black
Chanel Ombre Contraste in Notorious
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Sin
Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick (only silver)
Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm
Lancôme Rouge In Love in 391 Fiery Attitude
MAC Lip Pencil in Nightmoth