Featuring YSL Marrakesh Sunset Palette in this look – I have something I would like to call, “your everyday neutrals with a purple twist”. I have also picked the brand’s 16 Mauve Naif for my fingertips to complete this look.
I am not sure how wearable this look is but I definitely had lots of fun piling on the purple along my lower lash line. Here, I took a rather smoky and colour block approach to lay that purple down – you can always tone it down with less purple or even apply it subtly on the crease.
I hope you like this look and let me know what are your thoughts.
This is my first go on YSL Top Secrets All-In-One BB Cream in Clear, I don’t know much about this product and I am not ready to comment more but it evens up my skin tone nicely; prepping my skin for the next step, which is foundation.
I have chosen a rather light coverage foundation for this look, with a touch of radiant to show a bit more skin – to add a more summery vibe before fall kicks in. To compromise the shortage of coverage for YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat, I used YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Compact (with a sponge) to set in a gentle yet firm, press and roll method.
Without the purple colour block along the lower lash line, this look would have been an everyday neutral for me. But everyday neutrals can get boring after a while – and this inspired my look today.
Refer to picture below for numbering.
- Apply a cream shadow all over lids, I am using Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla.
- Apply (1) over brow bones.
- Apply a darker cream shadow over lids, I am using Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune.
- Apply (2) over lids and blend to soften edges with (3).
- Apply (5) over inner corners of the eyes for a brightening effect.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- Line lower lash line with a purple eyeliner, I am using Make Up Store Eye Pencil in Awesome Performance.
- Smooth and smoke out the purple eyeliner with (4) – you can do it subtly for a more wearable look or smoke it out like what I have done.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
I kept the cheeks extremely simple for this look – no blush, just bronze. I used Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer in 03 Amber Bronze Medium for sculpting and Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer to add some colour and shimmer to my cheek bones.
If you are not into the whole bronzer thing, pick a coral blush – I think it will compliment this look very well too.
Moisturize lips with Chanel Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Care and fill lips in with a coral-beige nude, I am using NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Floralies.
Thank you for looking.
YSL Top Secrets All-In-One BB Cream in Clear
YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat
YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Compact
Urban Decay NAKED Basics (Naked 2, Faint and Crave) for brows
Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper in Mahogany
YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch
NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder – Pressed
YSL Marrakesh Sunset Palette
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune
Benefit BADgal Waterproof Eye Pencil in Extra Black
Make Up Store Eye Pencil in Awesome Performance (matt)
Lancôme Hypnôse Star Waterproof
Eyemazing False Eyelashes in No. 103 Natural Brown
Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer in 03 Amber Bronze Medium
Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer
Chanel Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Care
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Floralies
YSL 16 Mauve Naif