If you remember, Femme Boulevard did a Smokey Eyes For The Day look earlier this month — we are back for another but this time we are featuring Smokey Eyes For The Night.
I love smokey eyes, I think they are mysterious, sexy and provocative (to a certain extent) and of course they can also be very elegant and sophisticated. There are so many types of smokey eyes to flatter different eye shapes, find one that suits yourself and rock wearing it.
There are also many colours you can play with to create a pair of smokey eyes. Since we are featuring a night look, I have chosen deeper hues for more dramatic results.
I think smokey eyes can never go wrong with a matte base. I also like to choose a matte foundation for going out at night because it looks better in photographs — dim lights and flash photography may not flatter a dewy base (at least not on myself).
For my skin type, a matte base also holds up better which means less blotting and touch-ups — and I can enjoy myself more without worrying about my T-zone looking shiny.
Featuring this beauty — Dior 5 Couleurs Mystic Metallics Eyeshadow Palette in 384 Bonne Ètoile which I am so in love with. Please refer to picture below are numbering of the shades.
- Apply (1) with a fluffy brush onto brow bones lightly, don’t apply too much as it’s quite pigmented.
- Apply (2) all over lids, stop just below crease.
- Apply (3) to outer corners of the eyes (shape according to how you like/suits you, the edges can be winged or rounded).
- Tight line upper lash line with a deep forest green eyeliner.
- Line upper lids with the same eyeliner and use (3) to soften the line.
- Line lower lash line with the same deep forest green eyeliner (you can use black).
- Use a pencil brush to apply (3) along lower lash line, emphasize on the outer 2/3 of lower lash line.
- Use the same pencil brush or a cotton tip to dab a tiny dot of (2) onto center of lower lash line — this is optional, something I thought may look interesting.
- Use ring finger (or a brush) to apply (4) onto center of upper lids — this will create more movement to the lids and catches light beautifully.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes (I used some big ones here for more drama).
Added some bronzer to warm up the skin (my tan is still visible but fading; having said that, my “old” foundations are still a little light for me so a little bronzer does help).
Apply blush onto high points of the cheeks for an immediate “lifting” effect. I used my fingers to apply some NARS The Multiple in Copacabana to my cheeks as a highlight. Highlights are very important, especially for night-time.
A simple pair of nude beige lips — currently loving Dior Addict Extreme in 369 Mystic. As you all know, I am not a very gloss kind of person, the formula of this lipstick provides moisture as well as a lovely sheen, nothing too glossy and shiny, my perfect cup of tea.
Thank you for looking.
Diorskin Radiant Base in 001
Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup
Diorskin Forever Extreme Control
Urban Decay NAKED Basics (Naked 2, Faint and Crave) for brows
Benefit Speed Brows
Diorskin NUDE Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
NARS Light Perfecting Setting Powder – Pressed
Dior 5 Couleurs Mystic Metallics Eyeshadow Palette in 384 Bonne Ètoile
Clinique Quickliner For Eyes Intense in 07 Intense Ivy
Lancôme Hypnôse Star Waterproof Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 01 Black
Ardell False Eyelashes in 107 Black
Diorskin NUDE Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in 003 Zenith
Diorblush Vibrant Colour Powder Blush in 856 Rose Diorette
NARS The Multiple in Copacabana
Chanel Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Care
Dior Addict Extreme in 369 Mystic
Dior 382 Destin