weightless perfection | more than foundation
Ten years ago, Giorgio Armani changed the face of make-up creating Luminous Silk foundation, a lightweight, silky fluid that brings a natural glow. Since then, weightless textures that you can blend and layer indefinitely to enhance your radiance became the signature Armani Glow.
The expectations of women have always been at the heart of Giorgio Armani Beauty Research. The quest for transparency and coverage in a foundation seemed up until now practically unsolvable.
In 2012, after eight years of research, Giorgio Armani Cosmetics introduces a new revolutionary foundation.
An unforgettable and unique texture created by patented Fusion Technology. An ultra-fine oil-pigment suspension that perfects the complexion. This high slip fluid spreads evenly over skin for a blendable, faultless complexion
worthy of a professional make-up artist every time.
Maestro instantly ignites skin’s natural luminosity. No make-up feel guaranteed.
It’s a whole new generation of foundation that feels incredible, looks invisible and makes skin appear luminous every time. Anyone can wear it!!!
International Make-up Artist for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics
breaking the rules of formulation | the creation of a blendable, ultra-thin oil-pigment suspension
Traditional foundations are usually emulsions with water in oil containing fillers; those fillers can produce a visible masking effect. Maestro was created with five out-of-the box principles, delivering a result never seen before:
- a water and powder-free base
- totally non-comodogenic
- 5 time-released oils evaporating gradually
- smart pigment technology
- an easy, fast, fresh and flawless application with an unforgettable sensory feel
The Fusion make-up technology delivers the thinnest color film that blends perfectly and corrects skin imperfections without buildup.
an exceptional selection | the perfect alchemy
Oils are necessary for pigments to spread on the skin surface. Giorgio Armani Cosmetics evaluated the different oils on the criteria of density, volatility, nutrition and blending.
Five volatile, semi-volatile and non-volatile oils have been selected one-by-one to create a precious clear mixture totally miscible presenting a time release action. Evaporating at different rates it provides an optimal combination of application slip and non-greasy feel, but with a moisture and comfort sensation all day long.
The volatile “dry-oil” awakens skin with an immediate feeling of freshness, a cushiony oil provides a featherlight, glide-on textural sensation and a perfectly even distribution of the complexion perfecting pigments film.
The non-volatile complex, including extracts of the lotus oil, which has anti-free radical properties and hydrating agents, remains on skin surface.
MAESTRO vs TRADITIONAL FOUNDATION
Characteristics of a traditional foundation:
- emulsion – 20% water in 80% oil. Foundation allows for a unified spreading of the fluid in order to avoid spots of color.
- highly pigmented: 15% pigments. Pigments are contained in powdery phase that can create a mask effect.
- high surface tension: hard to spread, not even on the skin surface.
Characteristics of Maestro:
- water-free oils: 60% time-release translucent, non greasy oils for a fresh feel, a non-greasy finish and a pure color.
- 11% pigments for skin tone perfection. No powder so no mask effect.
- low surface tension: for the fastest, easiest application.
- skin surface perfection due to soft particles selected to provide the thinnest correcting film and an extraordinary sensory feel.
- contains lotus oil, known for its anti-free radical properties.
OBSERVATION ON AN ELECTRONIC MICROSCOPE
Fine lines and blemishes blur away in a bare-faced luminosity.
TESTED AND APPROVED BY WOMEN
- Blends into skin on application: 100%*
- Easy to wear, you forget that you are wearing make-up: 100%*
- Easy to apply, gives rapid and perfect make-up result every time: 98%*
- It’s a pleasure to use this make-up product: 95%*
- Natural make-up result without make-up feel: 95%*
*Tested during one week by 60 women aged 20-50, with all skin types except extreme ones.
An elliptical shaped bottle and luxurious, black lacquered dropper delivers the fusion make-up drop by drop for custom-controlled make-up application. The liquid, ultra-fine texture immediately blends into the skin on application. Easy to apply, easy to build, easy to wear. Maestro gives rapid and perfect make-up results every time.
SMART PIGMENT TECHNOLOGY
with fault-proof color result | just a few shades to fit all skin tones
The Maestro foundation is adapted to all skin tones around the world. The smart pigments are so fine that they fuse with the natural skin color. They are so fine and pure, that the rays of light will not be absorbed on the skin but there is a reflexion of the light, a perfect 360 degrees radiance. It might seem paradoxical that only a few shades are enough to cover the full range of skin tones but it becomes possible with the transparency of Maestro formula.
12 shades are available in USA and 9 in the rest of the world.
A new foundation as light as water, but waterless and perfectly homogeneous for no make-up feel and a moisture sensation.
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup SPF 15 will be available at DFS Galleria Scottswalk Store from 1 October 2012. It will retail at S$100 for 30ml of product, made in Italy.
Thank you for reading.