Haven’t done a look in a while and have sort of forgotten how to pose. I thought this classic red lip look would be perfect to start the ball rolling once again after this long break.
This look features mainly items from Dolce & Gabbana The Ruby Collection – the eyeshadow, blush and lipstick. I think this set works pretty well together and I have been wearing this eye look with different blushers and lip colours recently. Am loving the blush and lipstick – hoping to get my hands on more.
I would totally wear this look out for a dinner date, an event or any occasion that calls for a touch of elegance.
I kept the face simple and matte looking with no excess shine because the focus will be on the lips. Any bases that offers a natural, flawless finish will go well with this look – nothing too dewy, we want to keep the shine down.
It’s all about the crease and winged eyeliner for this look. For a sharper and edgier look, use a liquid eyeliner instead. This eyeshadow palette has a good mixture of mattes and shimmers which makes it perfect for this look. It’s not the most easy to work with, especially the matte shades and they are prone to fall-outs.
- Prep eyelids with primer.
- Apply the frosty taupe all over lids.
- Apply satin brown along the socket and blend to soften edges.
- Use a black pencil eyeliner to map out where you want your winged eyeliner to be and use matte carbon black to soften edges and set pencil eyeliner.
- Apply black pencil eyeliner to the outer 3/4 of lower lash line, soften edges with matte carbon black.
- Use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply shimmery white under brow bones and inner corners of the eyes.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
For this look, I applied blushers the last. I did my lips first to see how much blush I need.
- Instead of a shimmery highlighter, I have chosen a matte highlighter to enhance features – apply on high points of the cheeks, forehead, nose bridge, chin and sides of the nose.
- Apply bronzer to contour cheek bones and add warmth to the face.
- Lightly dust on some blusher on the apples of the cheeks.
This shade of red is gorgeous and I think it will suit many skin tones because of its neutral undertone. I love the texture, coverage and finish. When wearing bold lips, I usually alter my lip shape ever-so-slightly, particularly my upper lip.
- It’s good to keep lips well moisturized if you are planning to wear a bold lip colour – apply lip balm or essence before making up so your lips will be nice and soft when it comes to applying lip colour.
- Line lips with a matching lip pencil – this is the chance for you to shape your lips; you can use concealer to erase mistakes afterwards so don’t worry.
- Load lip brush with product and apply on lips within the lip pencil markings.
Thank you for looking.
Giorgio Armani Light Master Makeup Primer
Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation
Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation
Chanel Perfect Brows
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Manicure in Honey Glaze
Diorskin NUDE Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
Make Up For Ever Eye Prime
D&G The Ruby Eyeshadow in 100 Femme Fatale
Burberry Eye Definer in 01 Midnight Black
Chanel Inimitable Extrême Mascara in 10
Princess Lee False Eyelashes in PX-8
D&G The Ruby Blush in 20 Peach
Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in WT905
Guerlain Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush (Bronzer only)
Ettusais Lip Essence
Chanel Precision Lip Definer in 24 Rouge
D&G The Ruby Lipstick in 180 Ruby
YSL La Laque Couture in 32 Rouge Expressioniste