The Luxury Suite at Naumi Hotel seems to be the “in” spot for hosting events lately. Last month, there were two events held there and it’s a pleasure to return.
The spacious interior of their Luxury Suite features an en-suite Voltex marble bathroom, a private steam room and a fully equipped personal kitchenette is addition to the sleeping area. It’s elegant and ultra-chic. Ultra-spacious and stylishly designed, cosy and comfortable – exceptionally ideal for the Pyjamas themed party.
The itinerary of this event was carefully planned out, it tells a story and brought us through a journey – from the last things to do in the night till the first things to do the next morning.
There are a few things we can do to sleep better. Having enough sleep for me is crucial as I can’t function 100% if I don’t have enough sleep. For sure, I can’t rely on 4 hours of sleep, I need at least 7 hours of quality rest and that’s the minimum amount one should have in a night.
Having turkey for dinner can apparently booze up the “sleeping hormones” in our bodies and eating after 8pm is a definite no-no. The presenter also mentioned that we shouldn’t have a TV in our bedroom as bedroom should only be used for sleeping. By having a regular sleeping routine – for example, sleeping at 11pm every night, helps us condition our body to rest.
Different people have a set of different sleeping routine. Some may have to listen to some music, read a book or have a hot shower. What’s yours?
Doing a simple 4-steps yoga can help too or our nightly skincare routine.
View it almost like a ritual, so to speak. The gentle cleansing and massage can help us relax, condition our mind, body and soul for rest. For me, I am particularly hardworking when it comes to my nightly skincare regime (stay tuned for my skincare routine for the night) because I have more time to go through more steps and after a shower, before bed, applying skincare makes me feel complete – “end of the day for me and ready for the next”.
At the event, we were introduced to three products which can ideally blend in with our current skincare routine. A little more about each of them below.
PERRICONE MD CHIA SERUM
S$127 for 30ml, USA
A revolutionary, multi-tasking serum with rare extracts of chia oil & fat-soluble essential vitamins. This scientifically formulated new serum rapidly transforms dull, dry skin to a visibly vibrant, glowing and more healthy complexion.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers superior nourishment & hydration from rich omega 3 fatty acids
- Conditions the skin & protects against oxidative damage
- Infuses a cocktail of essential fat-soluble vitamins to the skin for healthy & vitality
- Fast absorbing and non-greasy, it smoothes fine lines & leaves skin baby soft
- Benefits are both instant & cumulative
How to use?
- Directly to cleansed skin, over a targeted Perricone treatment
- Mixed with a favourite moisturizer for extra hydration
- Finishing step after makeup application
- Used to refresh throughout the day for instant dewiness & glow
PERRICONE MD ACYL-GLUTATHIONE EYE LID SERUM
S$194 for 15ml, USA
Following the unprecedented worldwide success of Acyl-Glutathione, Dr. Nicholas Perricone introduces a first in skincare technology, an eyelid serum that topically replenishes Glutathione to the skin, dramatically improving the accelerated signs of aging along the upper eyelid area.
The light, fast absorbing texture of Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum also enhances makeup application by acting as a primer to help makeup glide on more smoothly and improve its wear throughout the day.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers a stable and readily accepted Glutathione derivative to the skin resulting in visible improvements to the eyelid and 360 degree orbital rim for a more youthful, awakened appearance
- Dramatic tightness and firmness of a droopy eyelid
- Smoothing of creases and minimized redness and dark circles
How to use?
- Apply directly onto the eyelid, working up to the brow bone, in gentle patting motions
- Apply along the lower contours of the eyes beginning from crows feet and all along under the eyes, also in gentle patting motions
- Allow serum to absorb for a few moments and follow with an eye cream if extra moisture is needed
Perricone MD Chia Serum & Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum are exclusively available at Escentials @ TANGS Orchard, Escentials @ Paragon, Escentials @ The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Metro Paragon, Robinsons Raffles City, Robinsons The Centrepoint and Sephora.
STRIVECTIN-WH™ PHOTO-WHITE NIGHT CREAM
S$120 for 50ml, USA
StriVectin®, the clinical anti-aging expert, promises a brighter future with the launch of the NEW StriVectin-WH™ Photo-White Night Cream. Developed for those looking for more translucent, even-toned skin with less hyperpigmentation, StriVectin-WH™ Photo-White is clinically proven to be 6x more effective than leading brightening actives alone in just 4 weeks, due to our proproetary accelerator, NIA-114™.
Together, StriVectin-WH™ Photo-White products minimize the appearance of dark spots and discolorations so your complexion looks brighter, more radiant, more even-toned, more youthful.
StriVectin-WH™ Photo-White works on three levels to:
- Slow down the production of melanin
- Normalize the transfer of pigment and improve the overall quality of the cell
- Increase cell turnover to reveal those higher quality cells and get rid of dark spots and discolorations quicker
- Proprietary NIA-114™ (niacin, in the form of Nicotinic Acid) targets the triggers that cause hyperpigmentation by normalizing the transfer of pigments and rebuilding skin health so you can hold onto new radiance.
- Natural Tyrosinase Inhibitors, Vitamin C and Synovea® Skin Brightener (hexylresorcinol) help to regulate melanin formation, which is the source of dark spots, sun spots and age spots.
- Vitamin C (stable ascorbyl glucoside) diminishes melanin production, reduces existing melanin, stimulates collagen and acts as a strong antioxidant.
- Willowbark Extract, a natural form of salicylic acid, generates cell turnover to shed pigmented cells and improve skin texture.
- Betaine from Sugar Beet, a natural skin softener, minimizes transepidermal water loss (TEWL) from an overall smoother, healthier looking complexion.
- Pomegranate Extract, a powerful antioxidant, aids in enhancing cell turnover.
StriVectin-WH™ Photo-White Night Cream is exclusively available at Sephora, Metro Paragon, Escentials @ TANGS Orchard, Robinsons Raffles City and Robinsons The Centrepoint.
Ideally, we should all rise the next morning, feeling fresh and recharged. By applying some light makeup, will make us look more radiant and ready for work – and this is where Burberry Beauty comes into action.
- Fresh Glow S$70 for 30ml, made in France
A moisturizing luminous fluid base for an effortless radiant look. Provides a natural glow and complements all skin tones. It’s lightweight and provides continuous hydration infused with Wild Rose Extract to regenerate dry skin conditions.
- Sheer Foundation S$77 for 30ml, made in Italy
A sheer and light cream fluid. A gelled structure for optimum light diffusion. Provides a subtle finish and natural glow that illuminate the skin. The skin feels beautifully bare, supple and comfortable. It’s hydrating and contains UV filters to protect skin from damaging environmental exposure.
- Sheer Luminous Pressed Powder S$80 for 10g, made in Italy
A sheer perfecting powder with an ultra-fine, smooth and adherent texture. Complexion is balanced, shine-free and mattified with a long-lasting finish. The micronized powders provide lightweight comfort. Contains Wild Rose Extract which provides moisturizing benefits and UV filters to protect from damaging environmental exposure.
- Lip Mist S$43 for 3.5g, made in Italy
An emollient based formula for sheer moisturized lips, lightweight and creamy in texture. Sheer, light shades enhance natural lip tones.
- Eye Definer S$33 for 1.26g, made in Italy
Ultra-precision eyeliner and kohl pencil works to outline the eyes with intense, long-wearing and water-resistant results.
A few of us were immediately attracted by the black train-case filled with Burberry Beauty products. Each drawer is customized to fit the foundations, eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushers etc. Sadly, this train-case is for the trainer’s internal use only and strictly not for sale.
I would like to end this post with a few short paragraphs on REN, previously introduced here.
I have seen REN on the shelves at Escentials but this brand remains new to me because I have never tried any of their products. Let’s be honest, there are so many skincare brands out there, it’s impossible to explore them all. But like I said in the brand introductory post, having the opportunity to meet Rui Branco was fantastic.
He demonstrated a full cleansing plus skincare ritual and made me understand that – sometimes, it’s not about the product, it’s how we use it.
Throughout the demonstration, he took his time to cleanse and at the same time, massage the face – together, although I wasn’t the model, it’s calming and relaxing. I am guilty of not spending enough time with my face and I must admit, I am not very gentle to myself either.
For a more detailed write-up about the demonstration, please visit Kas’s entry here.
Make love with your skin.
Thank you for looking.
I agree with you – sometimes i just crawl into bed and grab the bottle of serum or something on my nightstand and haphazardly smoosh some on. I should spend more time with skincare too 😛 Thank you for the link! 🙂
We must “make love to our skin”..
Never too late =)
I noticed I am generally quite gentle when it comes to other’s face but not my own..