Hello everyone, since Femme Boulevard‘s debut last month, we have been working very hard on this month’s theme and am very excited to share this look with you tonight.
This month’s theme is – Let’s Glisten This Christmas, featuring a look perfect for this festive season. A look that promises attention – in a good way of course. A look that will sparkle and glisten throughout the night. A look that is mysterious yet alluring.
A look inspired by aurora dancing in the night.
Personally, I have not done a look with that much glitter before and prior to creating this look, lots of planning was involved – including sketching and mixing the glitters. The Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powder came just in time for this creation and I am very happy with the outcome.
A perfect base is needed for this look so my foundation is slightly thicker than usual – I guess it’s alright for the evening huh? And partly due to the fact that my skin is misbehaving again. I kept my skin matte looking because I want all the attention on my glittery eyes. You can use a makeup setting spray to help makeup last all night.
I am very impressed with the glitters I used in this look – they are very, very finely milled and I couldn’t feel any grittiness at all. And the glitters didn’t make me tear nor irritate my eyes. I couldn’t capture the actual beauty of these glitters under white light but trust me, it looks very beautiful in real life.
If you are afraid of messy fall outs, you can apply your base products after finishing the eyes.
- Apply a natural cream shadow under brows.
- Apply a dark cream shadow all over lids – this can be black or dark brown or charcoal, in this look, I am using a dark blue. Use this cream shadow as a base for the glitters – this cream base also map the shape of your eyes, you can have rounded corners like mine here or you can wing the corners out, depending on the shape of your natural eyes.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- Line 3/4 of lower lash line with a black eyeliner and smudge with dark blue cream shadow.
- Use water or setting spray to wet brush slightly – pick up MUFE Holodiam Powder in 304 and pat onto center of the lids.
- Pick up 302 and pat onto the outer corners of the eyes.
- Pick up 303 and pat onto the inner corners of the eyes.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes.
A matte pink, nude or coral will look great with this look. Go for a shade that matches the lip colour you want to use. For me, I will be using a pink gloss so I went for a pink blush.
Very simple, just a layer of semi-sheer nude pink gloss.
Thank you for looking.
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder in 02 Pale Pink
Chanel Perfect Brows
Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concealer
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme in 06 Ivory Lace
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme in 08 Blue Velvet
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L
Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powder in 302, 303 and 304
Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 01 Black
Ardell False Eyelashes in 120 Demi Black
Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow in 112 (thanks Sarah)
Make Up For Ever Super Lip Gloss in 21 (thanks Sarah)