Hello everyone. How’s December so far? Have you finished shopping for gifts? I am loving it except the rain.
Today I have yet another simple look for you with a touch of colour. The overall “feel” of this look is quite warm and earthy with a touch of sparkle. This look will look great in the night especially if you pair it with a beige dress but I reckon it’s also quite wearable for the day too.
Featuring a few eyeshadows from Make Up Store – they are so pretty and sparkly. And my favourite Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Ore (a must-have for me).
Let me know what you think.
Keeping my face natural looking for this look with Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation and their new loose powder foundation. I like both the coverage and semi-matte finish without looking too flat, with a touch of radiance peeking through.
Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation is rather light weight and with a big, fluffy face brush, I “press and roll” over my foundation for extra coverage – doesn’t cake nor feels heavy at all.
The eyes are the focal point for this look. I kept everything else “matte” except the eyes. I have chosen to layer colours again to achieve that jewel-tone effect – at the same time, it’s great for exploring colours without being too striking, making bright colours wearable – this is my little trick.
- Start by using a brown colour cream base. Here, I am using Make Up Store Eye Pencil in Chocolate Cheesecake. Apply all over lids and blend to soften edges.
- Pat Make Up Store Microshadow in Cinnamon Bread over cream base and stop along the crease.
- Use Make Up Store Microshadow in Pearl Mystic to define outer corners of the eyes – for this look, I winged the corners out slightly for more “drama” since rest of the face is pretty muted.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- Use water or setting spray to wet brush slightly – pick up Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Ore and gently press onto inner 1/2 of upper lids. The placement of Ore depends on your natural eye lids, I placed it where my double eye lids are so when I blink, there’s movement and shimmer.
- Run Chocolate Cheesecake along lower lash line and smudge with Cinnamon Bread.
- Apply Pearl Mystic to outer corners of lower lash line for a touch of balance.
- Apply mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
Very natural, matte looking blush for this look. I went for a nude pink, if you want to create a warmer look, go for nude tan or brown.
Instead of using a nude pink, I have chosen one with a brownish undertone – Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait in M06 Avarice (for swatches, refer to this post). I am loving the lips.
Thank you for looking.
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation
Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation
Chanel Perfect Brows
Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer
Inglot Eyeshadow in M330
Inglot Eyeshadow in M329
YSL Waterproof Eye Pencil in 1 Black Ink
Make Up Store Eye Pencil in Chocolate Cheesecake
Make Up Store Microshadow in Cinnamon Bread
Make Up Store Microshadow in Pearl Mystic
Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Ore
Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black
D.U.P False Eyelashes in 611
Bobbi Brown Blush in 18 Desert Pink
Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm
Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait in M06 Avarice
Make Up Store Tanja