Hello everyone, when I reviewed the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill In 24 Smokey Copper, 25 Rusted Gold & 28 Red Platine last month, many have requested for looks using them. Some wanted a work friendly look with Rusted Gold and some wanted a look combining Smokey Copper and Red Platine.
In this post, I have combined Smokey Copper and Red Platine for an everyday, work-friendly look for you.
Before anyone shouts at me, please note that the term “work-friendly” is very broad depending on which industry you are in. My friend, who used to be in the hotel industry wasn’t allowed red nails, coloured hair or any loud accessories. But in my field of work, anything goes so long it’s presentable.
Nothing too heavy for this look, natural looking skin-like foundation is perfect for work. I am using the new Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup in this look. Have anyone tried it yet? I like how weightless it feels on the skin and how easily it blends – a full review will soon follow.
As we all know, Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eyeshadows are extremely pigmented thus choosing the right brush for application is important. If you want a lighter, day-time look, you should go for a big, fluffy eyeshadow brush. These eyeshadows are brilliant for work because they lasts so well, from 9 to 6 and maybe happy hour after work – they don’t smudge nor fade.
- Use a big, fluffy eyeshadow brush to pick up Red Platine, apply it all over the lids.
- You can use the same big, fluffy brush to pick up Smokey Copper and apply it to the outer 1/3 of the eyes.
- Try not to apply the eyeshadows too high up into the crease as this will look more dramatic (unless that’s what you want to achieve, you can always add more Smokey Copper to define the outer V of your eyes).
- Use a blending brush to soften outline of the eyeshadows.
- Briefly brush over the intersection of Smokey Copper and Red Platine to blend the two shades.
- Tight line upper lash line with a black eyeliner.
- Apply a black eyeliner to upper lash line and wing it out slightly – this is optional, if you find it too dramatic for work, you can skip this step).
- Apply a black eyeliner to the outer 1/3 of your lower lash line, this will help open the eyes and make them appear bigger.
- Apply some mascara and false eyelashes if needed.
I love contoured cheeks for work, quick and easy with only 1 product – the Giorgio Armani Écailles Face & Cheeks Duo Palette.
- Apply blush shade along the hollows of cheeks and blend upwards, towards the apples of your cheeks.
- Use the highlight shade to illuminate cheek bones.
My trusty, go-to Dolce Vita NARS Lipstick.
Thank you for looking, happy Sunday.
Note: I will not be including any pictures of products used from now on as my wordpress space is running low. Hope you understand.
Giorgio Armani Light Master Makeup Primer
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup
Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation
Chanel Perfect Brows
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Manicure in Honey Glaze
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Black Line
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in #24 Smokey Copper
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill in #28 Red Platine
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black
Giorgio Armani Écailles Face & Cheeks Duo Palette
Shiseido Benefiance Lip Treatment
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
Lovely! The GA Maestro foundation looks amazing on your skin — very seamless and luminous 🙂 I love the way you placed the cheek duo shades, too; it creates such a gorgeous, sculpted cheek.
Thank you so much =)
Sadly, the foundation is great on me only on “good skin days” as the coverage is quite sheer..
Love the texture tho..
Great look Joey! Your cheeks! Stop tempting me with the GA face palette 😉
Thank you Jacqueline!!
Easy Chic Fall Collection is out at DFS Galleria =)
Beautiful and sophisticated look, I love your style 🙂
Thanks dear =)
Joey, you look so pretty! Thanks for the short tutorial! The big fluffy eyeshadow brush can be MAC 224 or MAC 217? Thanks again !
Thank you so much, my pleasure =)
MAC217, MAC224 or Smashbox Tapered Shadow Brush for application..
I used the Smashbox one because it reaches my inner corners of the eyes easier =)
The sculpting / highlighting effect here is gorgeous! Lovely look! 🙂
Thank you so much =)
Hi. Just discovered your blog, love it. Could you tell us about your HG falsies please? They look so natural on you. Thanks much in advance.
Thank you for popping by =)
I think it’s time for a false eyelashes post, shall work on it!!
I love this look. very stunning and yet work-friendly! 🙂
Thank you =)
This looks perfect! I love Smokey Copper and Dolce Vita even more for seeing this look. Thanks for taking our requests, Joey!
You are most welcome!!
Dolce Vita is the one lip colour I cannot live without =)
Dolce Vita sounds amazing. I’ll definitely give it a go – Its great on you, and I think we have similar colouring. Plus, I love mattes.
I’m loving the new layout, by the way. VERY nice, it almost reminds me of NARS in the best possible way!
I love Dolce Vita, both the lipstick and velvet matte lip pencil =)
The lip pencil is more pigmented and the lipstick is more wearable with a soft sheen..
Thank you so much, am so happy that you like the new layout!!
Thanks a lot =)
Which number of Giorgio Armani Maestro do you use? (which shade)
I use shade #4 =)