I thought this may come in handy for some of you to know my foundation shades as I have never mentioned them before. This will probably help you determine the colours I used for Looks I do and colours I paint on my Nails.
Note that I do not have all products listed below, whatever listed are products I have tried (including samples) which matches my skin tone at time of trying. Some products may have been discontinued and some may have been discarded. I update this post periodically so please check back often.
You may have also noticed that most of the foundations I purchased are in pairs, foundation and powder. I feel that it sets a lot better if both are from the same brand and the colour blends together more seamlessly. But I do mix and match at times.
I have also included my concealer shades and links to respective reviews (if any).
Last updated on 3 May 2014
- Light Analyzing Moisture Foundation SPF 25 PA++ [Ochre 20]
- Light Analyzing Pressed Powder SPF 18 PA++
- Luminous Skin Colour Tinted Moisturiser SPF 25+ [Nude]
- Fine Loose Finishing Powder [Ginger]
- Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder [Bloom]
- Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup SPF 25 PA+++ [Cheers to me – Champagne]
- Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up SPF 15 [Me, vain? – Champagne]
- Get Even – Blot Away Shine & Discoloration Face Powder 
- Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free SPF 15 [Light to Medium Tint]
- BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++ [Extra Light]
- Natural Finish Long-Lasting Foundation SPF 15 PA++ [Beige 3]
- Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 [Beige 3]
- Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation [Beige]
- Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation [Beige 3]
- Foundation Stick [Sand 2]
- Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15 [Light]
- Sheer Finish Loose Powder [Soft Sand 5]
- Sheer Finish Pressed Powder [Pale Yellow 1]
- Creamy Concealer [Warm Beige]
- Face Touch-Up Stick [Warm Beige 3.5]
- Perfection Lumiére Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 [20 Beige]
- Vitalumiére Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 [B20 Beige & B40 Beige]
- Mat Lumiére Long-Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [20 Clair]
- Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup SPF 12 [20 Clair]
- Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Compact Makeup SPF 10 [20 Clair]
- Vitalumiére Éclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup SPF 10 [B30 Beige]
- Pureté Mat Shine Control Powder SPF 15 [20 Sable Mat]
- Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder [20 Clair]
- Le Blanc Light Mastering Whitening Fluid Foundation SPF 25 PA+++ [B20 Beige]
- Le Blanc Pearl Light Brightening Loose Powder SPF 10 PA+ [10 Cristalline]
- Le Blanc Light Mastering Whitening Concealer SPF 30 PA+++ [20 Beige]
- Éclat Lumiére Highlighter Face Pen [10 Beige Tendre Light]
- CC Cream – Complete Correction SPF 30 PA+++ [20 Beige]
- Les Beiges – Multi-Action All-in-One Healthy Glow Cream SPF 30 PA+++ 
- Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder SPF 15 PA++ 
- Future Skin Oil-Free Gel Foundation [Cream]
- Compact Makeup [Bamboo]
- Extra Firming Foundation SPF 15 [104 Cream]
- Skin Illusion SPF 10 [105 Nude]
- Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Loose Powder Foundation [105 Nude]
- Hydra-Luminous Flawless Powder Foundation [04 Almond]
- White Plus | HP Whitening Powder Foundation [03 Natural]
- Clarins UV Plus | HP Perfecting Cream BB Cream SPF 40
CLÉ DE PEAU BEAUTÉ
- Teint Naturel Fluide Refining Fluid Foundation [O30]
- Teint Naturel Creme Cream Foundation [O30]
- Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation [O20]
- Brightening Powder Foundation [O20]
- Correcteur Visage Concealer [Beige & Ocre]
- Poudre Transparente Translucent Loose Powder
- Even Better Makeup SPF 15 PA++ [65 Neutral]
- Even Better Makeup SPF 15 PA++ [64 Cream Beige]
- Blended Face Powder [20 Invisible Blend]
- Derma White Bright-C Powder Makeup [04 Cream Beige]
- All About Eyes Concealer [02 Light Golden]
- Even Better Concealer [Medium]
- Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup SPF 10 
- Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup SPF 10 
- Diorskin Nude Compact SPF 10 PA++ 
- Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 10 
- Diorskin Forever Extreme Control SPF 20 PA++ 
- Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer [001 Ivory]
- Dior Capture Totale Sérum de Teint Radiance Restoring Serum Foundation 
- Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 PA +++ [Intensity 1.0 & Intensity 2.0]
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 [36 Sand]
- Double Wear Moisture Powder Stay-in-Place Makeup [B20]
- CyberWhite Brillant Perfection – Full Spectrum Brightening GelCreme Makeup SPF 21 PA+ [06 Warm Crème]
- Nutritious Vita-Mineral Powder Makeup [Intensity 2.0]
- Re-Nutriv Ultra Radiance Powder Makeup SPF 16 PA+++ [02 Warm Porcelain]
- AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [1C Light]
- Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder [06 Transparent]
- BB Mineral Cream [30 Healthy]
- BB Mineral White SPF 45 PA++ [20 Natural]
- BB Mineral Powder [Light Beige]
- Sparkling Pact [20 Natural]
- Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20 [4.5]
- Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation SPF 34 PA+++ 
- Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation SPF 20 PA+++ 
- Luminous Silk Foundation [4.5]
- Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup SPF 12 
- Maestro Fusion Makeup SPF 15 
- Micro-Fil™ Loose Powder 
- Photo’Perfexion Light SPF 10 [3 Light Sand]
- Eclat Matissime Fluid Foundation [4 Mat Beige]
- Teint Couture Long-Wearing Compact Foundation & Highlighter SPF 10 PA++ [3 Elegant Sand]
- Prisme Libre Air Sensation Loose Powder Quartet [5 Soft White]
- Skin Base Foundation 
- Pressed Powder 
- The Liquid Airbrush [LQ05 & LQ07]
- The Sensual Skin Enhancer [SX03, SX05 & SX07]
- The Gossamer Loose Powder [Diaphanous]
KOH GEN DO
- Moisture Foundation 
- Aqua Foundation SPF 25 PA++ 
- Triple Lighting Foundation [OC-1]
- Sekkisei Supreme Whitening Liquid Foundation SPF 30 PA++ [BO-310]
- Sekkisei Supreme Loose Powder SPF 12 PA++
- Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator – Bare Skin Perfection Foundation [BO-02]
- Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator – Bare Skin Perfection Compact Foundation [BO-02]
- Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator – Bare Skin Perfection Pressed Powder 12H Lasting 
- Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator – Bare Skin Perfection Translucent Loose Powder [02 Natural Beige]
- Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator – Bare Skin Perfection Perfecting Concealer Pen [02 Pêche Lumiére]
- Teint Visionnaire Skin Perfecting Makeup Duo SPF 20 [O-02]
- Mat Miracle -24H- Long Wear & Comfort Satin Light Creator [O-02]
- Poudre Majeure Excellence Micro-Aerated Pressed Powder [01 Translucide]
- Maqui Blanc Miracle Crystal Brightening Creator Compact Foundation SPF 35 PA+++ [O-02]
- Rénergie CC Multi-Lift – Instant Illuminating Color Corrector SPF 30 
- Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++ [23 Sand Beige]
- Satin Finish Loose Powder [2 Natural Beige]
- Foundation Primer – Oil Free
- Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Oil Free [Nude]
- Secret Brightening Powder 
- Skin Modeling Liquid Foundation SPF 21 PA++ [OC-03]
- Water Gel Foundation SPF 25 PA++ [YO 02]
- Skin Contrast Face Powder [01 Glow]
- Palette Concealer
MAKE UP FOR EVER
- HD Foundation 
- Mat Velvet+ Matifying Foundation 
- Duo Mat Powder Foundation 
- White Definition Instant Brightening Powder Foundation SPF 30 PA++ [30 & 35]
- Sculpting Kit 
- Lasting Stick Foundation UV [OC-10]
- True Powdery UV SPF 25 PA++ [OC-10]
- Loose Powder
- Sheer Matte Foundation [Santa Fe]
- Sheer Glow Foundation [Ceylan]
- Powder Foundation [Punjab]
- Liquid Foundation 
- Pressed Powder N (P) SPF 14 PA++ 
- Perfect Refining Foundation [I 20 Natural Light Ivory]
- Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 15 [O 20 & O 40]
- Sheer and Perfect Foundation SPF 15 [I 20 & O40]
- White Lucent Brightening Spot-Control Base UV SPF 35 [Ivory]
- Natural Finish Cream Concealer [2 Light Medium]
- Nobara Cream Cover Stick 
- Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation [564 Medium Light Sand]
- Face Architect Sheer Refining Mousse Foundation [7YR-ML Medium Light Beige]
- Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation SPF 18 PA++ [774 Light Beige]
- Glowing-Fit Lasting Compact [764 Medium Light Beige]
- Dual Fit Pressed Powder [Sand]
- Face Powder Matte [7YR Light]
- Frame Fix Liquid Foundation 
- Nuancing Pressed Powder
- Le Teint Toche Éclat [B20]
- Le Teint Touche Éclat Compact SPF 35 PA+++ [B20 & B40]
- Poudre Sur Mesure Semi-Loose Powder – Natural Radiance 
Some foundation shades are slightly lighter or darker than my actual skin tone. I picked it up either by mistake or on purpose. Some formulas oxidize a lot quicker due to the combination skin I have and living in a humid country.
For cases like oxidization, I normally go a shade lighter. And if I have picked up a lighter shade by mistake, I will mix it with a slightly darker shade to neutralize it. At times, I also mix my foundation with a moisturizer. This is perfect when I needed a lighter finish or when I find the foundation formula is too thick. I always adjust the amount of moisturizer according to my desired density.
I also select my foundation according to the look I want to achieve. Some looks are better off with a matte finish and some look amazing with a dewy finish which explains the many different types of bases I have.
Hope this is helpful to some of you and thank you for reading.
I really hope you can help me out here! I’m contemplating between nars sheer glow and dior skin nude. Which one do you think is lighter in consistency and moisturizing? I’ve got a tiny problem with flaky skin ><''' Hope you can reply to my email or something!!!
In terms of the texture and formula, I prefer Diorskin NUDE.
It feels rather refreshing whenever I apply it onto my skin.
You can also achieve a natural finish with this foundation =)
It’s light and airy.
Is it possible for you to get samples from your local cosmetics counter?
I think it would be best if you can try each one prior to buying them!!
Hope this helps =)
Hi Joey. I want to try the Chanel V. Aqua, but I’m not sure what shade to buy. I’m a MAC NC30 to 35, NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli, Shu Uemura Face Architect in 764, MUFE HD in 127, and Sisley 2+ I want it to match me, but in the US… we don’t have it the Aqua, so I’m ordering it online. Please help.
As for as I know, Vitalumiere Aqua comes in 8 shades under 3 base tones..
For a soft natural radiance // B10 Beige – Pastel, B20 Beige – Tendre, B30 Beige – Sable, B40 Beige – Desert..
And for a healthy matte finish // BR10 Beige Rose – Pastel, BR20 Beige Rose – Tendre, BR30 Beige Rose – Sable..
Would you be able to request for samples?
I wouldn’t suggest any particular shades for you yet as foundations are very subjective.
HI Joey, is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in #B40 your exact shade when you’re tan or when you’re not? I’m contemplating to get it in either B30 or B40, I also use Bobbi Brown in Beige, just like you. There’s no Chanel Vitalumiere where I live so I cannot look for myself, hope you can help, thanks.
B40 is when I am tanned, yet to get matched for a shade when I am not.
Got it last year after I got sun burnt at Bali ~~
I think B30 would be good if you are using BB Beige.
I was actually thinking of getting a new one since my tan is pretty much gone now..
Shall update the list then =)
Hi Joey, would u mind doing a review/ swatch of powder foundations? I’m torn which to get.. looking for a portable one for my combination (oily but dehydrated) skin.. currently thinking of MUFE duo mat.. any recommendations?
Thank you for your suggestion, I will look into doing a review for the powder foundations I have in my stash.
It depends on what sort of coverage you are after.
I think DIORSKIN X4 CONTROL Compact Foundation SPF 20 and CLINIQUE Derma White Bright-C Powder Makeup SPF 29 PA+++ are pretty awesome.
Clarins HYDRA-LUMINOUS Flawless Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA ++ offers good coverage if you don’t mind the blotting.
Thanks a lot for your informative reviews! ^^
Which of the foundations you use do you think is most suitable for those of us who have severe acne problems?. Also, why don’t you use MAC foundations? I’ve never used them and I was thinking whether it is because they’re not as good as the other brands you use (especially compared to NARS or MAKE UP FOREVER, for instance).
Thank you for your help! =)
You are welcome and thank you for popping by..
I hope I will be able to review all the foundations in time to come but it’s taking a long time =(
I used to use MAC foundations when I was in high school and uni but have kind of grown out of it I suppose?!
MAC Studio Fix was my favourite.
If you suffer from severe acne problems, I would suggest using a light, soothing foundation – something like Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup SPF 10 – it feels so refreshing whenever I use it =)
Or you can try foundations with healing properties.
Check out this very useful video by Lisa Eldridge here, it may help!!
Thank you so much for this information!!! It’s really helpful!! ^_^
You are welcome Olaya =)
Thank you so much for generously posting this. I think we’re similar in shade/undertone so I will definitely refer to your list often.
Glad to be able to help =)
Some shades may not be an exact match tho..
i have dry skin with oily tzone (mainly nose area). my skin is not perfect but it is ok – usually zit-free. i am looking for something that would not look cakey and/or patchy. i noticed my face tends to look cakey and patchy even after a couple of hours sometimes – not sure if it’s due to the quality of the products or my appication technique or skin condition.
i have only tried using ettusias liquid foundation but it doesnt seem to go well. i have tried mainly 2-way cake foundations like fancl, ettusias, l’oreal, estee lauder. probaly estee lauder and fancl have worked better for me. but still sometimes it tends to accentuate dryness and/or mainly look cakey……and in the last couple of years i have decided to use loose powder for everyday usage and only 2-way cake for nights out.
and what can i use to dust or rather ‘press’ on my eye area after using eye concealer so that the concealer won’t run? i have very dark eye shadows and i love Bare Minerals loose powder but it has to be applied using brush and it just cannot cover the concealer (i realise this is the case with all ‘brush’ face powder!). i use heroine makeup loose powder and it’s great that it comes with a sponge. the only thing is, there is no matte loose powder which i would also like for an option on normal days.
what would you recommend for: 1. loose powder for daily usage (something that looks natural) and also undereye. 2.foundation?
thanks a ton!!
I wouldn’t recommend 2-way cake for people with dry skin and it sounds like you have very extreme combination skin.
Unless you moisturize your skin very well before applying your 2-way cake.
Apply moisturizer to dry areas of your face, avoid T-zone if that’s the area that tends to get oily.
Personally, I would recommend you to try foundations that has hydrating properties, foundations which are lightweight since overall coverage isn’t an issue for you.
1. Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation
2. Diorskin NUDE Foundation
3. Lunasol Skin Modeling Liquid Foundation
4. Clé de Peau BEAUTÉ Silky Cream Foundation
As for loose powder, it depends on what foundation you use but if you were to use it on its own, I would suggest;-
1. Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation
2. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15
3. Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte
4. Ettusais BB Mineral Powder
All the loose powder above provides decent coverage to be used alone =)
And as for the under eye area, I usually use Benefit Powderflage to set my concealer but sadly, Benefit Singapore does not carry it.
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit comes with a press powder for setting concealer, it’s a great alternative as it’s matte.
I hope I helped =)
Happy New Year xx
thanks for replying! 🙂 i have actually been contemplating to get Clarins liquid foundation, Diorskin NUDE foundation or Lancome Teint Miracle liquid. swung by Tangs earlier and bought Lancome Teint Miracle liquid. not sure if it will go well with my existing Bare Minerals loose powder matte – will just have to try it out….Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation sounds promising, i suppose i will be giving that a try and/or Laurier Mercier’s :p
PS. just came across this review: http://belluspuera.blogspot.sg/search/label/Liquid%20Foundation – crossing my fingers Lancome will work for me, otherwise it’s money gone down the drain again.
thanks for your advice!! happy new year too :p
Hope you are enjoying your new foundation =)
Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizers are amazing too, worth a try!!
Set with loose powder around your T-zone!!
do you prefer the make up forever mat duo or the bar luminous powder foundation? any recommendations as to your best powder foundation?
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation is pretty amazing — it provides enough coverage and longevity for humid weather and combination skin types..
The one powder foundation I love most and have repurchased is by Clé de Peau BEAUTÉ, their Brightening Powder Foundation >>> link to review here..
what mac shade are you?